Are you the missing link in team Luna Sea?
- Degree or training in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
LunaOceans is a web app built to provide convenient access to tidal currents, water levels, wave and weather data, and lots of additional content. We're working alongside ocean researchers and industries with the objective of connecting people with our coastal ocean, advancing ocean literacy, and enabling science associated with coastal resilience.
We’re looking for a front-end web developer to help us build and refine our user interface. Our stack consists of a React front-end -- built with Typescript within the Next.js framework -- a MongoDB database, static assets served from AWS S3, with serverless deployments. Our map interface makes use of Mapbox GL.
- Build new features and refactor existing code, maintaining a high level of organization and code quality
- Conduct code review
- Learn quickly, work independently, collaborate closely with our small team of developers and scientists
- Help us build custom data visualizations with D3.js
- Proficient with version control software (Git/GitHub)
- Experience optimizing front-end performance and security
- Strong grasp of HTML/CSS concepts including layout, browser compatibility, and accessibility
Technical assets include experience with:
- Mapbox GL
- Python, Flask
- Amazon Web Services
- Front-end design and UX
- D3.js for data visualization
- User authentication and management
- Search engine optimization and advertising
- Data analysis and collection with an emphasis on oceanographic/atmospheric data
Work location: Flexible
We are committed to providing world-class STEM employment, including the ability to live and work in rural coastal communities. Our existing team of 3 full-time and 3 part-time employees primarily work remotely from home offices.
We also have infrastructure (office, equipment, and vessels) in Freeport and Lunenburg, Nova Scotia needed to support ocean research and technology development.
We are accepting applications through May 14, 2021
Salary to be determined based on fair wage for your skill set in Nova Scotia.
If interested in this opportunity please respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org